Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Japanese Cakes - lesson by Oto

Hello. I am Oto.
well, well, well, Long time no see-----!!!!
I was missing blog so much but my computer slept for 1month like "Sleeping Beauty".
Finally, She got up by repairman's kisses ( not only one kiss) .

Yesterday , I took a class for making Japanese cakes / Japanese-style confectionery.
Because, I want to tell more about Japanese cultures and enjoy tea-time with my Japanese cakes for my guests.
I though that it is easy for making before did it. Yeah, It was really difficult to deal with..
I couldn't connect my brain to my hands.
I wanted to make Japanese cherry blossom but it looked ..... hmm...something flower.
Japanese culture is too sencitive!
You know that I am dinamic person...

I will take same class next week.
Hope success it.

Have a sweet day !

*We call it "NERIKIRI".
It means also a way to make."knead beans +starch syrup something"

It made from beans ( sweet red beans, white beans, starch syrup)
We put  food red in white beans's part and arrange color what we want.
And, We use our finger, hands, and special tool.
And,  We ate it with Japanese green tea ( macha ) ,of course.

by my teacherby Oto